- We can’t tell you enough about carom seeds (ajwain). From Nick of Time it is an awesome spice to use. Good for stomach and acts as a mouth freshner. Try it now.
- Carom seeds provide excellent home remedies for digestive problems and useful for abdominal discomfort like stomach pain or burning sensation. It increases the appetite for those suffering from loss of appetite. Ajwain is believed to help in acidity, constipation and to have carminative Properties. They are rich in fiber, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.
- In Indian cooking, carom seed is used as a part of tempering in a dish for its strong-dominant flavour. It is used in delicacies like curries, pakoras, puri, parantha, rice,cookies and also commonly sprinkled in bread before baking as flavouring. It is also used as a preservative in chutneys, pickles, and jams.
- Nick of Time offers some high quality farm fresh spices right to your doorstep. We source our Carom Seeds from Andhra Pradesh-the land of Spices. We hand pick the best carom seeds and carefully pack them for premium quality cooking. Our few flakes of carom seeds are enough to dominate the flavour of the dish.
- Carom seeds are oval in shape. It is an annual herb in the family Apiaceae. Both the leaves and the seed which is also known as the fruit of the plant are consumed. Carom seeds imparts a sharp and pungent taste with a flavour similar to anise and oregano.
- We provide unpolished Carom Seeds and no additives and no artificial flavors are added. This is 400gm zip lock pack, store in a cool and dry place. Nick of Time products come with top notch quality and the most pocket-friendly prices.