Cumin has a warm and spicy flavor. One can use in all types of curries, vegetables, pickles, and drinks as it is a flavored ingredient. Also used as an essential oil. If you heat the seeds before making it into powder, then try dry-toasting them on a skillet over low heat for a couple of minutes and then grinding them in a spice grinder. While cumin is more of tropical in identity, it graciously lends itself to use in Western cuisine as part of ‘exotic’ spice blends or rubs.
1. Do you know Cumin can be used in desserts like baked apples or pears? The smoky flavor of cumin pairs well with chocolate and can work in chocolaty recipes including mousse, fudge, and cakes.
2. Cumin Seed is an essential spice for Indian curries and chutneys. It has a warm and nutty flavor that’s widely used in many cuisines and dishes, from Indian curries to black bean soup.
3. Nick of Time offers some high quality farm fresh spices right to your doorstep. We source our Cumin Seeds from the land of bursting flavor-where the air smells of spices –Rajasthan. We hand pick the best cumin seed and carefully pack them for premium quality cooking.
4. Cumin Seed is one of the most popular spices throughout Asia, especially in India where it is an important component of many popular recipes such as the yogurt dish raita, alu jira. The spice also works well in a variety of rice dishes, stews, soups, breads, pickles, barbecue sauces and chilli corn recipes.
5. We provide unpolished Cumin Seeds and no additives and no artificial flavors are added. This is 400gm zip lock pack, store in a cool and dry place. Nick of Time products come with top notch quality and the most pocket-friendly prices.
Why Choose Nick of Time Cumin? Nick of Time offers some fantastic exclusive high quality farm fresh spices right to your doorstep. The immense contribution of this wonder ingredient in an Indian household is undeniable with it being an integral part of curries or snacks. Most people who buy this cumin are repeated buyers. They are so particular about the aroma, crispness and overall freshness that they cannot trust any other brand.
Health Benefits of Cumin Water: Pour 200ml water in a pan. Then add one teaspoon crushed jeera seeds. On a medium heat bring the water to a gentle boil. Cover and simmer for some time to release the aroma. Turn off the heat and cover it. Let it cool and then strain. Have plain or add lemon juice and honey on empty stomach every morning for maximum health benefits.